|'Tis a good year for finishes!
||[Oct. 16th, 2006|08:45 pm]
Here's a photo of the log cabin quilt top I've been working on. I'd intended to do this little by little in free time between other projects, but it seems I work better by just settling in to a project and knocking it out. I'm very pleased with how this turned out; it's very old-fashioned looking. It is a little less dark in real life than in the photo (the closest stripes are closest to the true colors.) I've ordered some fabric for the backing, and once I save up enough cash it will be sent to be machine quilted. I need to call the longarmer that I'll be sending it to and talk it over with her; I'm sure that she'll be just thrilled to know it's all on the bias. (Awkwardly stretchy, for non-sewers.)
This makes the third finish (one quilt and two tops) this year, which is zooming along, for me. I'm hoping to start quilting on my sister's double wedding ring as soon as the frame arrives, so the next project will be drafting the quilting patterns for that. Then I'd like to finish the applique wall-hanging that I've been working on since last year's Applique Academy, and I also want to do a project for the Hoffman Challenge. I've got an idea based on the 2007 challenge fabric that I think could be really neat.
Tomorrow I'm getting together with the woman who taught me applique, to show her a couple of techniques that I've been raving about in quilt guild. That will be a fun morning, and advance the applique project.