We had a low key week at a favorite campground in San Antonio last week. We got all the laundry caught up, P washed and waxed the rig, and I had some time to sew. I finished piecing the small half square triangles for Sea and Shore and got them all pressed, though only a few are trimmed (I prefer to make my half-square triangles a bit outsized by adding an inch rather than 7/8 inch, then trim to precisely the right size.) After some rounds of trimming I decided to match up large and small squares (so as not to duplicate fabrics within blocks) and do the trimming later as I sew the blocks; since it's the most tedious part of the process it's easier to do a little at a time.
Over the course of the week I went from this:
(Believe it or not that's the same fabric in each photo, and it's 75% of the blocks for a queen-sized quilt.)
And eventually all of that will be made into this:
Someone asked last week what the finished product would be, and I promised myself I'd scan and post the pattern I am working from. This was worked out in Electric Quilt to get from a throw quilt (the store sample, which had four symetrical sets of blocks) to a queen sized quilt with a modicum of grace.
Wowser! That really looks like progress. I think the trim as you go idea will make it a whole lot less tedious than sitting down and trimming all those triangle squares before you start sewing anything together.
Along with the laundry and washing your home on wheels, I hope the A/C is all better. It was surprisingly hot here today (92) and it made me wonder about that.
Mercifully yes, it turned out to be the capacitor and was a fast fix for the repair guy, who arrived bright and early Tuesday morning. We were happy to have it the rest of the week, as it got steadily more hot and humid as the week progressed.